Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stanford drops list of 'easy' classes for athletes

I'm shocked!! Shocked, I say.

There were classes like this at UGA for regular students when I was in undergraduate. I took three one-hour courses including Introduction to Forestry, Introduction to Textile Management, and one other which I cannot remember the name of. The classes were filled and I don't think there were too many athletes in the classes.

Perhaps at Stanford the quality of the average student is that much higher that the regular student body doesn't focus on these classes?


A drama class in Beginning Improvising and another in Social Dances of North America III were among dozens of classes on a closely guarded quarterly list distributed only to Stanford athletes to help them choose classes.

Stanford drops list of 'easy' classes for athletes

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- Stanford drops list of 'easy' classes for athletes




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger