Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A momentous day

for me at least.

When I started my career I had no idea if I was going to be able to publish. After six years I had 12 peer-reviewed publications. After 13 years I now have 40 peer-reviewed publications/forthcomings.

A personal challenge was to reach 40 peer-reviewed publications before I turned 40. I had two revise and resubmits submitted early this summer (before my 40th). This morning we heard that one of our revisions had been accepted for publication.

Thus I am in a bit of a quandary. Can I claim 40 by 40 because I had the revision submitted well before my 40th birthday and I am only now hearing the good news because of the vagaries of the editorial process? Can I claim 40 by 40 because, after all, I am forty years old when my 40th paper was accepted. Or am I screwed and have to go with the 39 by 40?

I am not sure what the next milestone would be - 80 by 50? I am not sure with the younguns if I can churn that many papers out in the next ten years (8 a year is a lot). Maybe it is better to go for 60 by 50 - I like that number.

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- A momentous day




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger