Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Thursday, April 30, 2009

Oh well - I'll have to wait for the Nobel

The John Bates Clark award by the American Economic Association goes to the most influential/best economist under the age of 40.

I long searched this spring for a means by which individual economists under 40 could be nominated for the award. Alas, I found no means by which to do so.

Ultimately, it probably wouldn't have mattered, but I was not awarded this year's prize.

Emmanuel Saez, 36, a public economics expert teaching at the University of California at Berkeley, was awarded the 2009 John Bates Clark Medal last week. Nobody has done more to describe the broad changes in income distribution in the United States that have taken place during the last ninety years."


More here

I won't win a Nobel either, but then I predicted that Krugman would never win one - so maybe I'm wrong. If so, I'd prefer my award before I am 80 so that I can enjoy the prize money. I am even willing to share the award with up to nine other economists, if that matters.

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- Oh well - I'll have to wait for the Nobel




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger