Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We (economists) are NOT all Keynesians

I don't buy the Keynesian story. Although I am not a macro-economist by training, I have read the General Theory and, more importantly, Henry Hazlitt's "The Failure of the 'New' Economics" which does more to explain both what Keynes was trying to say in the General Theory and why what Keynes puts forth is basically nonsense.

It seems my skepticism of Keynesian economics was somewhat shared by Keynes's contemporaries as evidenced by this interesting tidbit from Page 3 of this paper discussing the papers and correspondence of Oskar Morgenstern:
In a similar context, [Frank] Knight writes "What do you think of Keynes's book? I haven't got into it yet, but a couple of friends whom I consider pretty competent judges say outright that Keynes is losing his mind."

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- We (economists) are NOT all Keynesians




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger