Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Sunday, December 21, 2008

Stalin did what he had to do?

This drivel is being taught to Russian history students:
In Russian classrooms, history teachers are guided by a new, government-approved textbook, Alexander Filippov's "Modern History of Russia: 1945-2006," which hails Stalin as an efficient manager who had to resort to extreme measures to modernize the lumbering Soviet agrarian economy.

There were, writes Filippov, "rational reasons behind the use of violence in order to ensure maximum efficiency."


More here.

The potential rehabilitation of Joseph Stalin is reprehensible, hopefully this view doesn't spread to the United States or we will be in serious trouble because whoever is "in charge" could then justify "extreme measures" to "modernize a lumbering" or "moribound" economy.

Labels: , ,

Comments:
Hello, I'm terribly sorry to do this on your blog, but, I'm desperately trying to contact the owner of the heavylifting.com domain. If you would please contact me and let me know if this is you or someone else, I would greatly appreciate it. My name is Steven, 917-743-3175, svansolkema@gmail.com This is not spam or anything. I'm just a small business owner (with a shop named leafspa) and I've been trying to buy the leafspa.com domain from the owner (who also seems to own this domain). My apologies for the inconvenience.
 
Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- Stalin did what he had to do?




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger