Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Sunday, August 03, 2008

Cycling update

This week we were in Chattanooga visiting family and I had three chances to cycle around the Chickamauga National Battlefield. Having growing up in the area, I spent much time there learning about the battle, maintaining monuments and so forth. However, I had never biked through the park in the immediate post-dawn period. I saw no ghosts, but with the 145 year anniversary of the battle upcoming, it was definitely a sobering experience. To ride and think about what was going through the minds of men on both sides of the conflict as they squared up to fight one of the most decisive battles of the U.S. Civil War was an interesting experience.

Here were my stats:

Thursday: 20.08 miles, 01:33:02, 12.9mph, 64rpm, 127 bpm
Friday: 17.49 miles, 01:09:10, 15.2mph, 69rpm, 149 bmp (lots of hills)
Saturday: 18.12 miles, 01:19:24, 13.7mph, 65rpm, (forgot to put on my heart monitor) plus a run up the 165 step Wilder Tower.

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- Cycling update




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger