Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Make Office 2007 look like Office 2003

I have been frustrated by the new menu system in Office 2007 since I was involuntarily "upgraded" a few weeks ago.

I don't like MS Word but I use it with a number of different co-authors and thus the lost time searching for a menu option that either doesn't exist in the default menus or can somehow, if you are Microsoft certified, can be added to the menu is a waste of my valuable time.

I reached out to two of our IT guys, Tim and Jensen, who are among the best I have ever encountered in academia, for a solution. They found it in two shakes.

A series of add ins have been written by one Shah Shailesh (website here) that provide the Office 2003 menus within the various components of Office 2007.

Hoorah!! Now I can go back to being productive. Thanks to Tim and Jensen for finding the solution and thanks to Mr. Shailesh for coming up with this solution.

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- Make Office 2007 look like Office 2003




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger