Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The future of the workplace?

From this article in the British Journal of Sport Medicine:
For many people, most of the working day is spent sitting in front of a computer screen. Approaches for obesity treatment and prevention are being sought to increase workplace physical activity because low levels of physical activity are associated with obesity. Our hypothesis was that a vertical workstation that allows an obese individual to work while walking would be associated with significant and substantial increases in energy expenditure over seated work.

I'll take a pass and ride my bike after sitting in front of my computer screen all day.

Comments:
Yeah, this is just implausible to implement. Fidelity pays $250 per year for my fitness club membership. I use this amount to cover martial arts classes. Additionally, they own their own cafeteria services that serve low fat, low calorie meals in order to keep the employees healthy and productive. I think this approach is less expensive and more feasible. I would have a very difficult time doing my job while walking on a treadmill and a company would have to pay me significantly more for the trouble.
 
Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- The future of the workplace?




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger