Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Monday, January 08, 2007

How much would you pay for American Idol?

I am back from Chicago and a long weekend of interviewing for my department's positions. However, I caught up with all of the people I wanted to (save two), which is always fun.

As I plug back into the world (it is sometimes considerably easier to be unplugged), I come across this AdAge Daily report considering American Idol:
Are you ready for "Idol" chocolate bars, "Idol" ice cream and "Idol" Monopoly games? What about an "Idol" theme-park attraction and a "Sims"-style virtual "Idol" that will give contestants makeovers before letting them stroll down a red carpet in front of the paparazzi and sing?
The first four episodes are always fun/painful and the winner is, by definition, very likely to sell a lot of records. A great concept that is worth a couple of billion (and likely more)...

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- How much would you pay for American Idol?




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger