Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Top 71,297 on amazon!!

From amazon.com's page for Microeconomics Demystified at 11:31am CDT:
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #71,296 in Books

To many, that's probably not a big deal. However, it is cool when you know that someone is buying your book, might actually read it, and (gasp) might actually learn something.

On the flip side, there are 71,295 other books (including Pat Buchanan) that are outselling mine. That's pretty humbling. I'm probably outsold everyday by Dora the Explorer, the Backyardigans, and every other show on Nick Jr. (I'm getting to know them all via Campbell) - where's the outrage?

Now, if I were in charge, I would require that everyone buy my book first, read it, and then decide whether buying Buchanan's book is rational behavior. This would solve two problems - first, my bank account, and second, Buchanan's legitimacy.

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- Top 71,297 on amazon!!




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger