Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Monday, August 01, 2005

Emailman is my friend today

Word comes via the net that my paper with Trisha Bezmen, "Influences on Software Piracy: Evidence from the Various United States" has been accepted at Economics Letters.

Econ Letters is a fun journal for shorter papers. Many schools do not rank it very high but there are very few other places where you can generate as many citations for smaller papers.

Five acceptances since October - all still forthcoming. hoorah! The best kind of paper is the forthcoming paper.

Twenty five peer-reviewed publications - somewhat behind pace for the "forty by forty" challenge I laid down when I got tenure. However, I blame that on administrative duties, not on a lack of ideas.

Good projects still to come. Tonight during my first exam I outlined the finishing touches and primary chores to be accomplished for thirteen more projects (not all solo authored!). The next two years will be busy.

Comments:
Congratulations and keep up the good work!

I'll just quietly sob and mumble over here about my research program that went off the mainline onto the siding of life a few years back ;)>
 
Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- Emailman is my friend today




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger