Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Wednesday, June 22, 2005

One economist's opinion

Heck, I picked the Spurs to win last night, so that's what my opinions are worth. However, this email came to me, so with the tacit permission of the person who sent it, I post my response. I welcome other comments/suggestions:

I am updating my econometrics type books for home and would appreciate your input about which one(s) are the best and most helpful relative to the courses you teach.

If you could recommend at least a couple of books I would genuinely appreciate it.


I use

Griffiths, Hill and Judge - "Learning and Practicing Econometrics" - good general MA level text

Excellent texts for those who know a little about what is going on are

"Introductory Econometrics" - Jeffery Woolridge (MA level)
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data" - Jeffery Wooldridge (PhD level)

For undergraduate descriptions I would recommend

Griffiths, Hill, and Judge - "Undergraduate Econometrics"
Dennis Halcoussis - "Understanding Econometrics"

For lots of math

Davidson and McKinnon - "Econometric Theory and Methods" (panel, maximum likelihood, OLS)

For Time series

Hamilton's - "Time Series Analysis "
Enders "Applied Econometric Time Series"

And the grand-daddy of them all (which is mathematical but extensive, PhD level)

William Greene - "Econometric Analysis"

Hope that helps,

cadii

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- One economist's opinion




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger