Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Saturday, April 09, 2005

Stadiums from Google Maps

I was getting ready to start putting together a set of Google Maps links to the stadiums around the country. Some of my other work has required me to gather street addresses for all the professional baseball and football stadiums in the U.S.

Then I find that Google SightSeeing is already on it.

For an example of why economic development rarely surrounds a modern-day venue, take a look at Philadelphia's stadium complex from a couple of years ago. You can see Veterans Stadium, the Spectrum, the (nee) First Union Center, Lincoln Field being built and the foundation for the new baseball field.

Take a scroll to the left, right, up, and down and see what you find - a whole bunch of nothing. I-95 directly to the East (looks south on the picture), the old Navy shipyard to the south, and so forth.

I may still put together a list of google maps links for the other stadiums.

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- Stadiums from Google Maps




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger