Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Scalping paper is fixed?

A couple of months ago, I posted an abstract of a working paper "Another Look at Anti-Scalping Laws: Theory and Evidence." Immediately after I posted the paper, I discovered an embarassing math mistake. I think I have fixed the math, and with the help of a picture I hope I have made my point: If scalping is legal, prices at the ticket window may or may not increase. It is entirely possible that scalping actually lowers ticket prices (at the window). I show that during the 1990s, MLB and the NFL teams that played in cities where scalping is banned charged higher prices, every thing else equal.

Here is the paper - comments always appreciated.

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- Scalping paper is fixed?




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger