Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Saturday, April 23, 2005

How much are you willing to pay to avoid Chicago?

Booking a flight for my sister's 30th birthday I can get a round trip ticket from DFW to Charlotte (direct) for $306. I can fly from DFW to Charlotte and then from Savannah, GA to DFW for $269. I can fly from DFW to Chicago to Charlotte and then from Savannah, GA to DFW to $264.50.

So, I can save $4.50 and fly through Chicago - and add a couple hours to my flight - or I can look at it as paying $4.50 to avoid O'hare. No offense to the flatlanders, but that's a swinging deal in my book.

At least it still pays to be flexible in air travel.

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- How much are you willing to pay to avoid Chicago?




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger