Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Friday, February 25, 2005

Causation vs. Correlation

This showed up in my email box today:
A recent Harvard University study found that students who attend private schools are six times more likely to be depressed at the age of 30.

Okay. I went to private school, and while I am at times unhappy with my workload, I am very much NOT depressed. Confusion over causation and correlation? Does private school cause depression or are people more likely to be depressed going to private school. Because private school is expensive, perhaps most of the folks who go to private school have a lot of money when they are 30 and we all know money can't buy you happiness.

Comments:
Is there evidence that shows that people who attended private schools have attained higher levels of success in their careers? I would think a high correlation between career advancement and increased stress.
 
Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- Causation vs. Correlation




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger