Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Saturday, June 19, 2004

Rankings are relative

Lots of blogs made mention of a recent "study" that determined El Paso was the sweatiest city in the city, with Greenville, South Carolina, coming in second. It's really just part of the Old Spice web site.

I am sure there were a whole bunch of people snickering and blaming it on Pres. Bush, but really, El Paso is friggin' hot.

Anyway, I found this story that mentions that Honolulu is in the top 22 sweatiest cities in the country. Yeah team!!

Here's the breakdown of my immediate family:

In-Laws - Greenville, SC - #2
Me - Arlington, TX - #13 (Dallas)
Brother - Savannah, GA - #17
Nephew - Birmingham, AL - #34
Best Friend - Atlanta, GA - #37
Parents - Chattanooga, TN - #42
Sister - Charlotte, NC - #54

I suppose us Southerners could be ridiculed for living in the heat, but I haven't seen a "report" to determine the coldest cities in the country - I would be OTFLO about those crazy Northerners....

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts

- Rankings are relative




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger