Heavy Lifting - thoughts and web finds by an economist
     I also contribute to Division of Labour Load HL's Front Page
Friday, March 26, 2004


Old Writings


Before the days of blogs, and a subsequent decrease in attention span, those of us who wanted to write and post on the Internet did so by ftp'ing our files to a server somewhere and hoping that someone would see them. The blogs of today have made it simultaneously easier to write and post, but also has increased the competition for people's time - thus the reduced attention span. However, at times there are things worth reading, even if they are longer than the one-paragraph rant that is common to most blog posts.

I recently rediscovered a bunch of old essays I wrote in my earlier days of my academic career - they are obviously dated, but some of them have as much (perhaps more) appeal today as they did four or five years ago. On a personal level, it is interesting to read some of these essays and find that I still agree with what I said 5 years ago, which is perhaps a sign of maturity (or stubborness). Other essays made gradiose predictions that did not come true, others are creepy in how well they seem to match up with what is going on in the country and world today.

Over the next few weeks, I will post selected essays or excerpts - I promise not to change anything except for sentence fragments and grammatical errors as indicated by MS Word.

A couple of old writings are posted below.

Comments: Post a Comment



Purchase




Le Chai - galerie du vin



Support



Popularity

Posts that contain Craig Depken per day for the last 90 days.



Contacts

Heavy Lifting's Main Page
Email Me
Atom Feed

WWW
Heavy Lifting




Great Links

Money I Found Today

Heavy Lifting - Firehose style (56k warning)



Recent Posts




Archives


home


Visitors
Site Meter Blogroll Me!



Credits

Modified maystar design
powered by blogger